Saturday, March 18, 2017

Reinforcing Envelope Edges With Tabs

Hi Swappers,  
Two envelopes arrived today with slit edges, and another was punctured due to the enclosure of an unprotected thick embellishment.  
(Although it did have "Non-machinable" postage on it, it must have slipped through the sorting phase of processing.)
I had suggested in a previous message that we start using tabs of tape to reinforce our (four) envelope edges.  Someone just sent me a good example of what I had in mind, whether it be clear tape, a little duct tape, packaging tape, etc.  (Washi tape might not stick well enough.) 
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.


This may help to prevent damage during automatic sorting, 
and hopefully loss of contents as well.  Honi

1 comment:

Patti said...

Thanks for clarifying that, Honi. I think I mistakenly read the first message as "tape the four corners" I can see clearly now as a picture is "worth a thousand words" for some of us :)

Post a Comment