Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Postal ATCs - part 1


Here's a tremendous amount of fun and inspiration for all you postal service and stamp lovers.

First up, 10 ATCs from Pamela, who inspired this swap.
It took an unprecedented 15 days for these to arrive from San Francisco.  Pamela had given them up for lost.  I did a little happy dance in the post office when I found them in my box today.
There were no clues on the envelope as to what took so long.  It was addressed correctly, with adequate postage.  She mailed another envelope from the same post office on the same day, and the first envelope arrived in 3 or 4 days.  This one was postmarked July 16th and had no strange marks or bar codes to indicate where it's been all this time.  Perhaps the mail carriers have been enjoying these gorgeous cards that honor their profession?
I'm awfully glad they are here!











Next up, four from Andria
(another source of inspiration for this swap!)





Christie sent these four beauties:



 as a bonus, Christie put each of her ATCs in a lovely homemade envelope!


Colleen sent these five cards, each with a different theme:






These last four are from Currie:






I have 30 more ATCs to show (and more on the way - the deadline isn't until Monday August 5th).  I'm going to break it into a few different posts so we can feel the postal love for many days to come.

8 comments:

Cate Rose said...

These are SO cool!

Linda Gibbons said...

They are all very cool. Can't wait to see the rest!

Trula said...

I love these. On the note of slow postage, I just had one of my postcards take 2 whole weeks to get to its destination(within the US). Maybe USPS is taking a little longer for some reason. Who knows!
Trula

Rhonda Halushka said...

I sent you 5 yesterday -- my first entry to your swaps (thanks to Leslie for the inspiration!)... hope you get them soon!

Jo Murray said...

Am loving all these postal ATCs. Sorry I didn't have time for this one.

jane said...

Oh, Swoon....love these postage themed pieces!
Jane

Helgadeb said...

These are great!

Anonymous said...

These ATCs are so beautiful! This was a great theme by the way!
:)

Post a Comment